- Auto, Home, and Personal Insurance
- Business Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Group Benefits
- Medicare Options
- Policy Service
Article originally posted on www.insuranceneighbor.com(opens in new tab)
If you have a Medicare Advantage plan, you should be aware of some of the changes made this year, which include expanded coverage. Medicare Advantage plans provide more types of coverage than Original Medicare, which is why many senior adults often opt for these plans. Keep reading to learn more about the changes made to this plan and what it means for the coverage available in 2023.
What You Can Expect from Medicare Advantage Plans in 2023
In 2023, you can expect a number of changes when it comes to your Medicare Advantage plan. Some of these changes include:
- Greater assistance with insulin costs: As a Medicare member, you can get a month’s supply of covered insulins listed on your insurance plan for no more than $35. That means, regardless of what cost-sharing tier your insulin is on or even if you have yet to pay your deductible, you will not have to pay more than $35 for a month’s worth of insulin.
- You will not have to pay out-of-pocket costs for vaccines: Vaccines that are recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and covered by your prescription drug plan will not cost Medicare patients anything in 2023. It also still includes vaccines covered under Part B.
Is a Medicare Advantage Plan Better Than Original Medicare?
Medicare Advantage plans offer a substantial amount of coverage that may not be offered in Original Medicare. Your plan might include:
- Dental care
- Hearing care
- Vision care
- Prescription drug coverage
- Coverage for over-the-counter products
- Fitness center membership and wellness programs
- Transportation for those who need assistance getting to health-related appointments
When choosing the coverage that is right for you, consider your needs and budget. Our insurance agents will work with you to ensure you have the best plan to match your situation.
What Else Should I Consider When Choosing a Medicare Advantage Plan?
If you are still pondering your options, consider some of the following questions when making your selection:
- Which doctors and hospitals are covered by your plan and is flexibility essential for you?
- If you need medications, which prescription drugs are covered?
- What are the maximum out-of-pocket costs and how do they compare with your budget?
Every individual has unique needs, and may have medical providers they trust, or hospitals they prefer. Choosing the right plan should involve reviewing these issues to ensure you choose a plan that suits you.
As an older adult, health insurance is crucial. You need to understand your choices and what your plan covers before you settle on a plan. You have the option of purchasing Medicare A and B, along with Medicare C, offered by reputable private insurers, and Part D for prescription coverage, or a Medicare Advantage plan. Making sense of the options can be challenging for anyone, which is why it is advised that you work with a knowledgeable insurance agent to guide you through the process and ensure that you have the coverage you need. Connect with one of our insurance agents today to learn more about Medicare and Medicare Advantage, and which type of policy best suits you.Filed Under: Medicare | Tagged With: Medicare